Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Best sushi in Moscow

Like I said, Sushi is big in Moscow. It's probably more common than chinese food in NY. The problem is getting a good sushi though.. If you are ever in Moscow, you are bound to see the Red Square, Bolshoi Theater and Tverskaya street. If you start from Kremlin, pass by Okhotny Riad undeground wanna-be-luxury store and go up the Tverskaya as the traffic flows, you'll inevitably bump into a line of pretty young girls, a couple of couples and, obviously enough, some tourists. That's a Ginotaki restaurant - arguably the most popular Sushi place in Moscow. Well, at least the line is always there.

Don't eat Sushi at Ginotaki. Don't eat sushi in "Planet Sushi", "Rice and Fish" and even "Sushi Vesla" either. I mean, they are ok, some more, some less. But if you want to have a really good treat, go to "Radisson Slavyanskaya" hotel, ground floor - you won't miss the place.

It's not like I've been to every place in Moscow and I would never expect a decent meal in the hotel restaurant either. But this is the best I tried. They are much more expensive than any other - cheapest sushi set is around $45 and California Roll is something like $25, but believe me - it's worth it. They got a japanese cook - a rare thing in Moscow, and the fish is very fresh. I guess these two things do that...

No comments: